Welcome to my Freezing Friday -cooped up with cabin feverish kiddos- 7QT!
a. First, a big thank you to Jen for dragging yourself out from beneath covers to be our gracious and -hopefully better hostess!
1. I’ve discovered that my “maker” includes “baker”. Phew. Glad I got that out. My art grad school self is trying hard not to be disgusted with my newfound love of BREAD self. It’s seriously all the cool stuff my sculptor self loves: art, science, experimentation, whimsy, love and even theology. More and more and more bread to come your way, maybe even to some doorsteps soon. to be continued…
so, here’s this item of deliciousness that my dear husband helped me knead for days it seemed to get even Some bubbles: Behold, Extra Sour Sourdough Bread from the oven of SpicyCatholic! Who needs culinary school anyway?
2. Then, my sweet friend Amanda sent me this awesome Ted Talks vid, and it’s awesome, if you love BREAD and theology, it’s worth the 15 minutes.
I only heard of this guy, he’s a big deal in the bread maker world – Peter Reinhart- and I haven’t done much research on him, but me thinks he’s a Catholic, and at least a Communion receiving Christian.
3. Superbowl!!! It’s Denver and Seattle, and I am so very excited, so much in our win over the Patriots that I’m sharing silly Broncos cupcake cutie maxin’ in the glow of victory with a blue mouth.
I wanted to plan a big feast and stuff, but sadly it falls on husband’s AF Reserves UTA, so, yeah, not feasting, more like praying/ mitigating survival of sanity. The show must go on.
4. I feel down and out when I’m not making, baking, writing or doing something that makes my heart happy, and weird as it may be, I have fallen for bread. Glad I got the chance to check in today with all y’all linkup amigos.
5. Congratulations to all y’all awesome bloggers nominated for Sheenazing Awards. You all deserve awards and martinis! Really really good martinis. Headed over to vote myself very very soon.
6. Can I just get an AMEN for Child Lock on the Tablet!? We do the kindle version and boy were we paying for stuff before they put That baby in there.
7. A big big hair change is coming up. Dun dun dun! I really hope it goes well, or else next week’s 7QT may be a little tears in my martini kinda post.
7.a. Downton: that’s another post I haven’t gotten to
7.b. Sherlock: ditto, but don’t fret, I’ll get on it soon.
Hope you all have a dandy weekend and are out of the cold wherever you are.